This is my introduction to High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) made easy..
(See your health care professional before starting any of my exercise recommendations!)
In future posts I will review the value of HIIT training.
1. Set bike up to an easy to medium gear or setting and warm up for 5-10 minutes.
2. Increase the resistance to a moderately high gear which gives you difficulty spinning. Note the gear or setting.
3. Pedal in that gear for 30 seconds as quickly as possible. Last 10 seconds should be quite uncomfortable.
4. Pedal in an easy gear for 2 mins.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 , two more times initially and slowly start building up every week (i.e. adding one more).
6. Add this to your lifestyle routine 1x/wk. Minutes can make a huge difference over weeks, months and years!!