Dr Dan’s Simple Grocery Shopping Tips:
- Plan a day in the week to plan meals and ingredients for the week
- Plan a day (or two) in the week to do your shopping
- Being labelled ‘organic’, ‘natural’, ‘gluten-free’, does not always equate to being healthy.
- Most products that are less processed are in the perimeter of the store.
- If your are buying it in a box or out of a window it is likely not a good choice
- When you read the ingredient list and you have difficulty pronouncing the names, avoid it.
- The fewer the ingredients the better
- Avoid partially or hydrogenated oils
- Avoid shopping when you are hungry or last minute situations
- Have a look at this list from a great book Rich Food, Poor Food: