Frequently Asked Questions|Guelph Chiropractor
As chiropractors in Guelph, we get asked a lot of questions about our healthy lifestyles. By answering some of these questions, we hope you get some inspiration for your and your family’s own healthy living and nutrition.
1. What do you eat?
- Water with sea salt or ½ of a lime juice or ½ of a lemon juice.
- Fatty or Bulletproof coffee (1-2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, 2-4 tablespoons Brain Octane/MCT oil) occasionally add 1 tablespoon Nutiva palm oil*, dash of cayenne, dash or cinnamon.
- Fatty shake: coconut milk, avocado, pre-soaked chia seeds, hemp seeds (ground as I use like coffee), ¼ cup of any berry (frozen or fresh), handful of spinach or kale, 1 tablespoon of coconut or red palm oil, 1 tsp of grass-fed butter, scoop of whey or pea protein.
- Bacon/sausage/sausage patties with 2-4 eggs, with avocado, cheese, tomatoes, cooked greens with butter
- (2-3x/wk): traditional yerba mate (I am a proud Uruguayan!) or green tea, or coffee
- Everything but the kitchen sink salad’ with a palm-sized protein (grass-fed steak, wild sockeye salmon, avocado, seeds, nuts, feta or goat cheese, topped with 4 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon MCT oil and 1-2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and/or balsamic, sea salt to taste.
- Often I make a dip/blend with hot peppers, avocado, avocado oil, MCT oi, olive oil, fresh garlic, sea salt. This helps me increase the relative fat in my diet
- Smaller salad, protein (grass-fed beer, lamb, chicken, pork) with dip (see above), asparagus or broccoli with generous amount of butter, and/or sweet potato fries, and/or sweet potato/carrot mash (made with broth), and red vino and sparkling water.
2. What exercise do you do?
- Crossfit 3 times per week
- Walk/run kids to school 3 days per week
- 1 long 10-20km run every other week
- Mobility work 10-20 minutes daily
- Long walks 1-3 days per week with family
- With kids overhead squats, push-ups, bar hang/ burpees for screen time
3. Where do you buy your food?
Then I suggest checking out: http://guelphnaturalhealth.ca/dr-dans-simple-grocery-shopping-tips/
4. What do your kids eat?
5. What does a day in the life of your family look like?
Not at Family Chiropractic Centre:
- 5-6 am wake-up morning routine (box breathing or HRV with emWave, 5 minute journal)
- Huge glass of water with lime or sea salt or lemon or apple cider vinegar and make coffee and shakes with kids on the counter helping
- Eat with kids (read in Spanish)
- Some light activity with kids
- Get dressed with kids
- run/walk kids to school (when running behind its mostly running)
- Hang out with Charlotte as she is not in school (includes coffee at the common, library, swimming)
- Nap with Charlotte (1-2x/wk) OR work on blog/listen to podcasts, staff meeting, clinic paperwork
- Lunch with Charlotte
- Pick up Andrew and possible park, library or swimming.
- Pick up Samantha possible swim, skate, park, library.
- Shop for dinner
- Go outside with kids
- Prep dinner with kids
- Eat dinner
- Go for walk
- Night time routine with kids: draw or colour, brush teeth, read in bed, lights out.
- Listen to podcasts or read on nutrition, exercise science, personal growth, optimizing performance in all areas of life, parenting
- Movie (2 days per week) OR Netflix or similar rabbit hole (just one more show…… = death of sleep)
- Bed hopefully by 10:30 pm